Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grandpa Truax

Maurice Russell Truax
August 25 1927 - November 5 2008
This last November my Grandpa Truax passed away. He was 81 years old, and was married to my grandma for 60 years. I'm so thankful that I was able to be there with my family to celebrate his life.





I was able to sing one of my grandpa's favorite songs, In The Garden.


My grandmother was presented with a flag for his service in the Navy during World War II.







Nana and Joshua



Barbara and Ashlyn



It was beautiful in La Grande Oregon where he was buried.



My family



Valley Radiator, the shop that grandpa started, closed for the day in honor of grandpa.






This was their home in La Grande.



Grandma and Joshua



Barbara and I made the long drive together with the babies. Here they are in the back of the car. It was a very long drive but they did ok.



Getting ready to head home.


No comments: