Monday, January 18, 2010

God is in control

It's Sunday night, the boys are sleeping, Micah's working late and I can hear the sound of the rain outside. It's a night that's just begging for me to feel all emotional and melancholy. But in my mental wanderings I happened upon an old friend's blog, and she had a song posted on there that has comforted me. It seems to sum up perfectly how I feel right now.
I know that the pain in my life from all that's taken place lately is so small compared to what so many others go through, yet it's been so significant to me. My life is different somehow. I think I will look back at this time in my life as a big change, or turning point that marks the other events in my life. But it's strange, even though I'm sad, God also gives me peace. Like... the pain is still there, but it's okay because God is in control.
So here's the song. Maybe it will bring you comfort the way it has for me.


1 comment:

Becky Frame said...

Oh, Bonnie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I ache for you, my friend. I know what you mean about the pain being still there, but okay. God meets me in it and covers me with supernatural peace. Praying for you.